The following are programs currently being offered by Padrino Children’s Foundation……
Financial aid for medical services.
- To be included in the program, socio-economical studies are applied to families with children with medical needs.
- PCF then funds medical consultations, diagnostic studies, medicines, therapies, procedures and, when needed, transportation to specialized medical centers
Family nutritional counseling.
- This is an going program that focuses on prevention
of chronic illnesses such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, as well as anemia and stunting.
- We detect children with obesity and undernourishment and provide treatment, dynamic nutritional education and workshops with the families.
Children with special needs.
- This program includes children with special needs such as autism, cerebral palsy and other intellectual disabilities.
- A special education teacher provides individualized therapies according to each child’s needs to stimulate their cognition and allow them to develop abilities. Children receive therapy and participate in programs such as a children’s community garden.
Medical, dental and vision clinics.
- This program performs active screening and treatment of issues. Clinics are performed periodically in schools and other community locations.
- Psychological therapy
- Medical outreach program to ranches and migrant camps.